If you have a car you urgently need one of these OBD2 scanners so that you don’t complicate your life and know the status of your vehicle very easily. Even with some models you can do it from your cell phone and, if you have any doubt, I leave you a lot of information so you can buy well informed and no one can deceive you.
To get started, check out these options you can buy today.
What are OBD2 scanners and how do they work?
The first thing I want to convey is to understand in detail what a scanner is, for this I leave you the following definition.
OBD2 scanners are electronic devices with which we can monitor the different systems of a car and obtain the active faults in our car.
Its operation is usually very simple, since it is only necessary to connect them to the OBD port of our car and via Bluetooth or Wifi (depending on the model) we can view the results from our cell phone, computer, tablet (compatible) or on the same screen of the scanner.
One of the main reasons why you should have a scanner at home, is that you will be able to get the fault codes from your car.
Yes, with this device you will be able to diagnose the different systems of the car and reset them when you have corrected them, but the most important thing is what, you will be able to identify serious failures related to the sensors, such as:
1.- The temperature sensor
2.- Oxygen sensor
3.- Brake sensor
4.- Electrical sensor
These are the top 10 automotive obd2 scanners for your car
I’ve made a list of the best scanners I found on Amazon , which have excellent features and benefits, also are highly requested by professionals and hundreds of amateurs, I leave you the list with its main features, advantages and disadvantages of each one.
10.- Bluedriver Scanner OBDII bluetooth analysis tool for iPhone, iPad and Android
Advantages of Bluedriver, OBDII bluetooth analysis tool for iPhone, iPad and Android
In the first instance it has everything that a basic scanner handles:
- Read and delete the MIL light
- Reads virtually all vehicle subsystems.
- One very interesting thing is that you can create free and unlimited repair reports, since it has a huge database backed by ASE Certified Mechanics.
- The above is accompanied by a huge database of fault codes so that you don’t have to search the Internet for their meaning.
- You will be able to observe and control everything from your cell phone, both in Android and IOS.
Improved diagnostics, this tool provides improved diagnostics for ABS, Airbag, Climate Control, etc., which commonly does not provide a basic OBD2 scanner.
Improved diagnosis, if your vehicle does not fit the following cases, don’t worry, the scanner will provide all the other items from the list above.
- GM including Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Saturn, Pontiac, etc.
- VADO Fords Including Ford, Lincoln and Mercury
- Chrysler Including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Plymouth
- Toyota Including Toyota, Lexus and Scion
- Nissan Including Nissan, Infiniti and Renault
- Mazda all models
- Subaru sold in the U.S.
- Mitsubishi Models 2008 and later
- Hyundai Including Hyundai and Kia (2011 and later models)
- Mercedes benz Including Mercedes and Smart (2005 and later models)
- BMW (sold in North America) including BMW and Mini (2005 and later models)
- Honda (sold in North America) including Honda and Acura (2003 and later models)
- Volkswagen (sold in North America) including VW, Audi, Lamborghini and Bentley
Disadvantages of the product
- The truth is that it is a very complete and professional tool, perhaps the only detail is the improved diagnosis, which the list is not so long, however, you can continue to enjoy the rest of the features from your App.
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
9.- INNOVA 3130RS OBD2 Scanner
Advantages of INNOVA 3130RS OBD2 Scanner
This reader is a luxury of so good that it is, not only you will be able to do the typical actions that you would do with a common reader, you will be able to make tests to the battery and alternator, really this one of ten.
- Quickly resolves Check Engine warnings on virtually any car, light truck, SUV and OBD2 hybrid from 1996 and beyond.
- On most vehicles with OBD2 support you will be able to clear the ABS and SRS light related fault codes.
- It shows the engine conditions as:
- Fuel Adjustment
- Coolant temperature
- And all this as soon as the fault indicator light comes on
- It has free updates which will make you have a reader that is always up to date.
Disadvantages of the product
I really have a hard time with this part when I come across a good device, but within the things I don’t like:
- Despite having a large library, as far as ABS codes are concerned it falls short and some codes do not come and you will have to resort to the Internet.
- This scanner has had some details with the brand Jeep, I could not check, but some colleagues could not communicate the reader with the OBD2 port.
- Quickly reveal the cause of “Check Engine” light warnings on any 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV and hybrids
- Read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes on most OBD2 vehicles
- Battery & alternator tests check the performance of a vehicle’s charging system
- Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles
- Freeze Frame shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp, etc., at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turned on. The 3100j will save the last 3 vehicles scanned.Also, the 3100j does not have Live data or bi-directional functions
- Note:Please refer to the user manual before use,Refer page 34 in the user manual for troubleshooting steps
8.-AstroAI OBD2 Scanner
ASTROAI, is a great option if you have a little more budget, if I was given a choice between the ELM327 and an ASTROAI, I would sincerely lean towards an ASTROAI. This device fits into the universal code readers but a bit more professional.
Advantages of AstroAI OBD2 Scanner
- This device is used by professionals, however, it is very easy to use, making it ideal for anyone.
- Like all universal readers, it works correctly with vehicles of all models older than 1996 and that have implemented the OBDII protocol.
- It supports ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN.
- It has several languages: English, French, Spanish, German and Russian.
- It has all the functions of a scanner:
- Determines the cause of the MIL light
- Clear the fault codes
- Search library for DTC codes or fault codes
- Identifies those pending codes, etc.
- Use it without problem in 12V gasoline cars.
As you can see, it does not envy anything to other scanners, with the advantage that you do everything directly on the device because it has a backlit LCD screen that allows users a comfortable and easy reading.
Disadvantages of this car scanner
- This scanner supports all 12V gasoline cars but is not compatible with diesel, 24V, hybrid or electric cars.
- For some cases and brands an adapter may be required.
- Not compatible with MAC osx
- Check out our VIDEO on the left side and take a quick tour of AstroAI OBD2 Scanner!EASY AND COMPATIABLE: Connect to your vehicles then quickly identify error codes, also available for beginners. Works on MOST 1996 and newer OBDII compliant US, European and Asian vehicles. Supports ALL OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN. Supports various languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and Dutch
- FEATURES AND MUTI-FUNCTIONS: Turn off the MIL (check engine light) by determining the cause and removing trouble codes; Build-in Lookup Library; Views Freeze Frame Data; Reads Live PCM Data Stream; On-board Monitoring; Displays I/M Readiness; Oxygen Senor and Evaporative Control System Test, etc. Red-Yellow-Green LEDs and build-in speaker indicate emission monitor status allow you easily determine whether your vehicle meets the State Emission Monitor Status and assist you to pass the Smog Check
- UPDATE AND PRINT: Provide life-time free software update by connecting your PC terminal with the USB cable and print out diagnostic report at any time. (NOT Compatible with MAC System). Just download the software through the website on the botton of the instruction coming with the product
- INTEGRATED ATTRIBUTES: Equipped with a large LCD display with backlight and contrast adjustment, unit conversion between English and Metric, beep setting, battery and charger free, long enough cable of 3.18 feet
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY provided by AstroAI; Note: It can support all 12V Gasoline cars, but not available for diesel cars, 24V heavy duty cars, Hybrid or electric vehicles; It can’t support ABS system; Only for 16 PIN OBD II potocols; When you want to update softwares, please make sure to press any button of the OBD scanner before connecting the USB to the PC terminal
7.- LAUNCH Scan Tool – CRP Touch Pro Elite OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with All System Diagnostic
Impressive semi-professional scanner with support for 32 vehicle brands, allows for full scans and supports all major OBD2 diagnostic test modes, ideal for vehicle owners or garage owners who provide mechanical services.
Advantages of LAUNCH Scan Tool – CRP Touch Pro Elite OBD2 Scanner
- It has a color screen.
- It has multi-language support and a 1GB Micro SD card.
- It interprets fault codes and provides tips from its own screen.
- Read, reset fault codes and turn off the MIL light
- It displays the data in the form of graphs, has recording and playback functions.
- Compatible with EOBD/OBDII compliant vehicles (since 2001 and gasoline and diesel vehicles since 2004)
- Support for all 10 OBDII test modes
- Intuitive interface and operation button with elegant, robust design
- Internet Updates
- Printing data via PC
Disadvantages of this car scanner
- I find it hard to say that there is something wrong with this sensor since it is actually one of the most complete, but what I would say is that it only supports 31 specific brands, which if we compare it with other scanners would be an advantage, you decide.
- Tests four major systems, engine, transmission, airbag (SRS) and anti-lock Brake system (ABS)
- New: now it features an upgraded larger TFT Color screen
- New: Upgrades to the latest software are done through a PC with a USB cable. No more need to remove the memory card for updates
- New: improved thumb pad Layout for ease of navigation
6.- KONNWEI KW850 Professional OBD2 Scanner
With this scanner you can perform the 9 modes of OBD 2 testing and also has an integrated display that allows you to instantly see information from fault codes and other sensors, it should be mentioned that is one of the most recognized brands in the middle.
Advantages of KONNWEI KW850 Professional OBD2 Scanner
- It determines the reason for turning on the MIL light by reading fault codes and displays the DTCs from the device’s own display.
- Clear the fault codes, reset the monitors and turn off the MIL light.
- Multi-language menu in English, Spanish, French and German
- Reading of RPM, temperature and oxygen sensors.
- Equipment without internal battery only turns on when connected to the vehicle’s OBD.
Disadvantages of this car scanner
- I honestly don’t see any cons that this scanner can have, although if I have to name some it would be that even though it can work with specific brands there is no support for all of them.
- 【SAVES MONEY AND TIME】The KW850 car computer reader is a professional vehicle diagnostic tool for car owners to quickly read and erase DTC (engine fault codes) as well as a battery tester. A look-up library with over 8, 000 built-in generic code definitions allows you to accurately identify the cause of your CHECK ENGINE and perhaps fix it without going to see your dealer. It also assists you in easily passing annual emissions tests and SMOG CHECK.
- 【NOT ONLY TURN OFF THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT 】Unlike other cheap car diagnostic scanners, KW850 OBDII code reader covers full OBDII/ EOBD diagnostic functions for engine system. O2 sensor test, EVAP systems test, and on-board monitoring test give you full control of your vehicle’s running status, while a graphical and numeric live data stream display will help you to find out the faulty sensor readings. (Please be noticed: this function is for ENGINE System only).
- 【UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY AND EASY TO USE 】Works on most 1996 US-based, 2003 EU-Based and Asian (OBDII & CAN) domestic and imported vehicles, including passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks, etc. Supports all OBDII protocols. Simply plug into the OBD II port on your car, turn the ignition on and you are ready to go. No battery or complicated apps install needed.
- 【BEST IN THE MARKET】KW850 code reader car diagnostic tool is coming with the user friendly diagnostic interface and optimized software algorithm, it makes diagnosis 2-3 times faster than other OBD2 scanners. Featuring 2. 8” LCD color screen and graphical real time sensor analysis, may help you fast identify faulty readings in seconds. Extra-long (4. 5′) diagnostic cable coming in the package, allows you freely diagnose your cars even outside of vehicles.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】KONNWEI KW850 OBDII check engine light code reader offers free storage case, life-time FREE software update service to fix the latest bugs or add newly features which makes it compatible to more vehicles in future (Please note: it CAN NOT be updated on an MAC PC). With a worry-free 36-month and professional technician staying behind, 7*24 at your service!
5.- OBDS car OS601 OBD2 Scanner
Amazing generic fault code reader, easily check if your vehicle has a fault from its ultra clear display.
Advantages of OBDS car OS601 OBD2 Scanner
- It is compatible with vehicles:
- Most vehicles in the U.S. after 1996
- As for Europe, vehicles after 2001
- You will not waste time searching what a fault code means, if one is presented in your car, you will be able to visualize information about it, directly on the screen.
- Supports OBD2 protocols:
- J1850 PWM
- J1850 VPW y CAN
- No need for batteries, take power directly from your vehicle’s OBD connector.
Disadvantages of this car scanner
- As a generic reader it does not have a library of proprietary fault codes from certain manufacturers.
- Universal Compatibility: Applicable to MOST US-based cars (made in 1996 or later), EU-based cars (made in 2001 or later), Asian cars (made in 2008 or later), and all OBD II/EOBD/CAN-compliant vehicles.
- Smog Check: Clearly shows whether the emission-related systems are operating properly or ready for inspection and maintenance testing; turns off check engine light and resets monitors; views freeze frame data, read live PCM data stream, EVAP system test data, On-Board Monitor test data and display live O2 sensor test data.
- Shows the code and what the code means directly. Able to retrieve generic (PO P2 P3 and UO) manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes, and vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN). And can store the data you have viewed (DTCs, freeze Frame, live data, etc).
- Supports all OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN (Controller Area Network).
- No battery needed, just plug it into the OBDII port and start diagnosis. Features a 2.5-foot flexible plug and a 7-button panel. Supports DTC look-up, and software upgrade. Supports multi-language display (English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian).
4.- FOXWELL NT624
Advantages of FOXWELL NT624 Elite Diagnostic Scan Tool All Systems Diagnostic Scanner for All Cars with Oil Light Reset and EPB Reset Service
- 【Full Systems Diagnostic Tool From FOXWELL】 As the upgraded version of the NT614 elite car scanner, NT624elite scan tool meets your expectation for automotive scanner from entry level to professional, which includes both obdii and all systems diagnosis, even with most popular maintenance functions–oil reset & EPB service reset. Additionally,compared with Launch and Autel all system car diagnostic scanner with only one year update, Foxwell NT624 elite provides lifetime free update.
- 【All Systems Diagnostic + Live Data in Graphic + Data Record and Playback & Print】 The biggest advantage of NT624 elite code readers & scan tools which makes it different from other automotive diagnostic tool with the same price range is that it can diagnose many other systems besides Engine, Transmission, Airbags, ABS systems, such as BCM, HAVC, BMS, Digital Radio, Instrument Cluster, TPS, Park Steer Assist, DPF, TPMS, DSC, DME, Immobilizer, Steering Wheel,Wheels and more.
- 【Oil Light Service Reset + EPB Service + Full OBD2 Diagnosis Features】NT624elite obd2 scanner comes with 10 obd2 diagnostic function and the most commonly used service reset functions–oil service due and EPB reset service. 10 OBDII diagnostic service functions are available for 1000+ cars compatible with OBD2 protocols, which consists of reading codes, clearing codes, I/M readiness status, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test, Vehicle Information and etc.
- 【56 Car Makes + Auto VIN】+【Plug and Play】 NT624elite code scanner car diagnostic tool provides quick diagnosis on all available systems of 1000+ worldwide mainstream cars models. With auto VIN scan feature, this foxwell obd2 scanner provides quick and accurate vehicle identification via auto VIN scan, helping you pinpoint the cause issue quickly by reading codes, freeze frame and real-time live data. This NT624 Elite diagnostic tool can be used out of box since it comes with existed software.
- 【Lifetime Internet Free Update + 24 Month Warranty + 12 Languages】With internet access, you can always have the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters and functionality update at your fingertips. 2 year warranty is offered for any quality problems. 12 languages supports：English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean,Swedish,Hungarian,Thai. Any questions, contact us via [email protected] or Amazon message.
3.- ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive Car
Advantages of ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive Car
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS] – Not only diagnose the engine system but also performs full detection on vehicle’s other 3 main ECU systems (Transmission, ABS, Airbag(SRS)). Reads & erases fault codes, turns off warning lights, and reads live PCM datastream on these 4 systems.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] – Read/clear error codes, DTC look-up, do smog tests including I/M readiness, O2 sensor test, etc. will keep your mind from worrying about whether the data about emission exceeds the standard values. It also reads freeze frame data, does EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADVANCED DATASTREAM GRAPH] – Reads and displays live data stream in one graph for the 4 systems (Engine, AT, ABS, SRS), allows you to add 4 parameters in the meantime to show the live data, which is intended to help you quickly find potential problems of the vehicle.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] – Compatible with over 46 vehicle makers for a complete car diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN] – Equipped with an intuitive interface, 4-inch TFT color backlit large screen, 2 cutouts in the back for holding easily, strong rugged anti-slip rubber housing. Supports lifetime free update and print online via an update software tool downloaded from ANCEL website.
2.- Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808
This is one already called professional because of its great performance and quality, for sure with these characteristics you can’t say that it is not the best
Advantages of Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808
- Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808, one of the most versatile OBDII diagnostic scan tool in the market, is an ideal choice for car shop owners and professional mechanics. With its advanced 25+ hot service functions including Oil Reset, SAS Calibration, Odometer, IMMO Keys (disable lost keys, add new keys), ABS Bleeding, Injector Coding, Battery Registration, DPF Regeneration, etc., and still growing, Autel MK808 ranks top in professional automotive scanners.
- Autel MK808 works well on 80+ car makes and models worldwide (1996 and newer), to Read / Clear codes, view Live Data for all available systems using the supported protocols. The detailed report reveals the exact nature of the problem, with possible fixes to help greatly plan the budget for repairs.
- OBD2 diagnostic scan tool MK808 is cost-effective with a nice price tag of $475 considering the IMMO feature that it offers. Each time you lose the key, Autel Maxicom MK808 can add the new key and remotely disable the lost one. *ONLY available for Asian vehicles with low-grade anti-theft systems.
- Skip those often very expensive OE-level scanners, the affordable MK808 presents a rich bag of features for you to enjoy. The AutoVIN technology can straightforwardly get detailed info of the car, ranging from engine type to where it was manufactured, with just a single touch. The combination of MD802 and MaxiCheck Pro, with an A9 processor, 7-inch LCD touch screen and 32G memory ensures you the maximum speed of diagnosis and convenience of quick operation.
- This original Autel scanner is backed up by Autel official after-sale services with 1-year warranty, available 30-days return & replacement policy, and 24/7 thoughtful support. We, the authorized Autel seller, provide you with 2021 newest original MK808 with reliable quality.
1.- LAUNCH CRP909E OBD2 Scanner
Without a doubt this is the best of this year and surely of next, not only for its characteristics but for the quality of the product.
Advantages of LAUNCH CRP909E OBD2 Scanner
- LAUNCH CRP909E Scan Tool is the Newest LAUNCH CRP series product.It’s the first car code reader which can do Full system diagnosis and support 15 special service functions in the world.Quickly generate and store a vehicle Health Diagnostic Report as a reference for vehicle inspection and maintenance.When you have some technical questions, you can share and print the Health Reports in Seconds to friends or mechanic to ask for solutions.
- LAUNCH CRP909E full system car code is a powerful car scan tool.It can read/clear codes,Text & Graph Live data for all vehicle systems including Engine,Transmission,Chassis and Safety control system,Body control system,Communication and Entertainment system.Support Reset function of Oil Lamp,EPB,DPF,SAS,TPMS,Sunroof,Suspension,Gearbox,AFS.And do BAT service,IMMO Key Programming,ABS Bleeding,Injector Coding,Throttle Adaptation,Gear Learning.
- 💡7.0 inch IPS capacitive touch screen,a bigger,brighter Screen,let you“deep dive”into Tons of live data PIDs.💡Longer Battery Life:Equipped with 6000mAh rechargeable lithium battery, longer running and standby time.💡One-Click WIFI Update.WIFI connectivity,you can update your software anytime anywhere and share diagnostic report to email at ease.💡Auto VIN:Once connect with car OBD2 port,CRP909E will Auto Detect car Vin number.
- LAUNCH CRP909E automotive car scanner can work on over 57 car brands,over 10000+ cars in the world,including Asian,European,American,Australian,Malaysia,Japan,Korea,Russia car brands.This scanner compatible with OBDII,EOBD and JOBD protocols and also supports cars which made in 2018/2019/2020.Can work on 12V passenger cars,pickup and light trucks.9 kinds of languages:Spanish, Portuguese, English, Russian, German, Italian, Korean, French, Japanese.
- You can update software with just one-click anytime and anywhere via WIFI !!! No IP limited.What’s more Cardiag Provides 5 YEARS warranty on product LAUNCH CRP909E,and 60 Days No Reason asked Return for refund or replacement. 24 Hours NON STOP Hassle-Free Technic Support. [email protected]
Should I buy a scanner?
If you still have doubts about whether or not it is a good option to buy this type of device, let me ask you something How did your last check go? With a scanner you will be able to make the diagnosis yourself and have a better understanding of what is going on in your vehicle before going to the check.
Remember that it is not a game that your car is in optimal condition, your safety and that of your loved ones is priceless, and with a team like this, you can check your car before each trip.
Now, if you are a mechanic or have your own shop, this device cannot be missing from your toolbox, since it will save you a lot of time to diagnose a failure and give you an idea of where to start working.
What parameters do OBD2 scanners read?
The great advantage of these devices is that they allow us to obtain a wide range of extremely important parameters of the OBD system without worrying about whether we know for sure what OBD2 is and how it works, this is where the importance of the scanners lies since for users who do not know much about mechanics they are poured into a perfect tool.
One of the main parameters they read are the fault codes or DTC which indicate exactly what section or system is failing in our car, in addition, most of the scanners provide extra information that helps us better understand the fault and give us an idea of how to solve it, here I leave a list of the rest of parameters that are also very important:
RPM – Engine Revolutions per Minute
Gasoline system status
Suction tube pressure
Reset active fault codes
Oxygen sensor voltage
With a scanner you can monitor the status of your vehicle in a very simple way, you can even validate the OBD2 driving cycle in a very easy way, there are several manufacturers on the market that provide mobile applications with which you can monitor in real time the systems of your car and know if any of them is alerted by a failure, This is where the importance of these devices lies, since most manufacturers have a database with the failure codes thrown by the vehicles, giving you very detailed information on each failure. With this you can go to a specialized mechanic, indicating specifically what is wrong with your vehicle, saving you a lot of time and money.
Is my car compatible with OBD2?
You must be careful before acquiring an OBD2 scanner, first validate if your car is compatible, since from 2006 it became mandatory the OBD2 standard in Mexico, 1996 in the United States, 2009 Argentina, 2007 Brazil, etc., so if your vehicle is a model older than 2006 surely has integrated the OBDII protocol in Mexico.
Vehicles that have OBD2 implemented commonly have an SAE J1962 diagnostic connector within one meter of the driver’s position, in most cases you will find the connector at the bottom of the dashboard or behind the dashboard, however, consult the manufacturer’s manual for the exact location.
Many older vehicles have a similar connector but do not comply with the OBD2 standard, therefore, even if they have a J1962 connector does not mean that complies with the OBD2 protocol and you can not make use of scanners because they fail to read or simply do not throw data.
How to choose the best scanner?
No doubt all scanners are very good, however, you should consider some points in order to choose the best scanner for you:
- Compatibility with your car, you must know exactly if your car has fully implemented the OBD2 protocol, check the manual to be sure.
- Budget, if the intention is to use it only in your car maybe buying the cheapest one is an excellent option since they all comply with the reading of the OBD2 protocol and basic monitoring of the systems.
- If you are a professional in our store we will be uploading more sophisticated products and their review.
- If you are not familiar with OBD technology, please review our summaries to better understand these types of devices and become familiar with the terms used.
What are the advantages of OBD scanners?
The biggest advantage they provide is that you will be able to diagnose your vehicle yourself just like a professional would and you will be ready to have your car checked.
Another advantage is its easy installation, just connect it to the OBD port and start the diagnosis from your cell phone or from the screen of the device itself.
We have seen that the scanners read an infinite number of parameters in our vehicles, now it’s time to summarize and define some of the OBD2 test modes:
OBD2 Testing Modes
We have seen that the scanners read an infinite number of parameters in our vehicles, now it is time to summarize and define some of the OBD2 test modes:
Test Mode 1 OBD2
PID parameter identification, which is the access to real time data of analog or digital values in and out of the ECU, is also known as data flow indicating the engine temperature.
Test Mode 2 OBD2
Access to frozen data tables, the ECU takes the values related to the emitters, at the exact moment a failure occurs.
Test Mode 3 OBD2
Read the ECU memory to obtain all stored fault codes (DTC – Data Trouble Dode).
Test Mode 4 OBD2
Deleting or resetting the fault codes stored in the PCM including the DTCs and the frozen data box.
Test Mode 5 OBD2
Results of the tests carried out on the oxygen sensors to corroborate their operation and the efficiency of the catalytic sensor.
Test Mode 6 OBD2
You get the results of all onboard tests.
Test Mode 7 OBD2
Reading the memory of the ECU to obtain the pending DTCs.
Test Mode 8 OBD2
Actuator test, allows to deactivate or activate the actuators of the fuel pumps, idle valve, etc.
These are the best-selling scanners at the best prices
Here I leave you these other scanners that have turned out to be very interesting and in high demand in online stores.
Another list of the best car scanners
- ✅1. ANCEL BD310
- ✅2. Autel AutoLink AL519
- ✅3. SeekOne SK860
- ✅4. Autophix Code Reader OM126
- ✅5. Autel MaxiAP AP200
- ✅6. BlueDriver LSB2
- ✅7. Nexpeak OBD2 NX501
- ✅8. Foseal F0-01